Choose wisely

I wander alone, in a narrow street, no one is by my side,
Except for my lonely, for my grim, for my pathetic soul.

But wait, I hear footsteps,
Is that real? Is that true?
I turn to see what has been following me, then I saw it!
I saw a perfect-looking, an impeccable, a flawless shadow, it changes and be me
I look straight into 'my' eyes and see all my memories
I see all my childhoods, all my teenager life, all my marriage life
But wait, everything is perfect, everything is infallible.
Why am I so happy in this playback?
Why can't I stop smiling in this playback?
Everyone is happy, and I feel the drop of warm water flowing through my cheek
Ahh I miss that so much, how I wish I could turn back the hands of time to be in the scene

But before I could see any more sweet memories of mine, there comes another shadow
A fierce-looking, an intimidating, a frightening shadow, it changes and be me
I look straight into 'my' eyes and see all my memories
I see all my childhoods, all my teenager life, all my marriage life
But wait, everything is imperfect, everything looks frail
Why did I look so miserable in this playback?
Why can't I stop crying in this playback?
I did nothing right, and I feel the drop of warm water flowing through my cheek
Ahh I hate that so much, I would never want to be in that scene again 

Before I could say anything else, I saw it!
The biggest, the scariest, the most horrid-looking shadow anyone's eyes could ever seen
It demands me to choose one of those two memories. 
Which one is selected for me to face again, one final time
For once, I think real hard.
And I chose the fierce-looking, intimidating, frightening shadow
I did it for just one darn good reason

For once, I want to do something right
For once, I want to do something everyone will look up to 
For once, I want to do something that will remain even a trail in someone's heart

I want to change my destiny
I want to change my mistakes I did when I was alive
I want to change and delete all the hatred, abhorrence, enmity feelings in me

If I could change my destiny, why couldn't you?
If I could face the real problem and try to solve it, why couldn't you?
If I could try to make things better, why couldn't you?